SAG-AFTRA: Get The Facts About Financial Core
US Department of Labor Report Filed by SAG 2017
The Financial Core Handbook by Mark McIntire. Sharequest Publishing, 15th Edition updated in 2004. Mr. McIntire is also the President of the Financial Core Foundation, a Professor of Philosophy at UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College and was himself a SAG board member who declared financial core.
Betrayal: How Union Bosses Shake Down Their Members and Corrupt American Politics by Linda Chavez and Daniel Gray. Crown Forum, NY, 2004.
Unverified List of Financial Core Actors on IMDb
- Telephone Conference with Todd Amorde and Sally Tich of the Screen Actors Guild on 6/4/07.
- Telephone Conference with Sally Tich, Screen Actors Guild Manager of Member Education on 8/13/07 and 8/17/07.
- Telephone Conference with Judy Carpenter (designated financial core information staff person) and Todd Amorde, Director of Membership for the Screen Actors Guild on 4/21/04
- Telephone Conference with Judy Carpenter; Vickie Shapiro, Assistant General Counsel for the Screen Actors Guild; Pamm Fair, Deputy National Executive Director Policy and Strategic Planning for the Screen Actors Guild on 4/30/04.
- SAG-AFTRA was approached to contribute to this article in May and June 2018 but did not respond.
Understanding Financial Core by acting coach and SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Local Board member, Shaan Sharma on Casting Frontier
What is Fi-Core and Should You Join Instead of SAG-AFTRA with Jackie Dallas (YouTube)
Jon Voight vs. Screen Actors Guild
Jon Voight’s actual letter about why he went Fi-core
Jeff Hatch Series: Everything You wanted to know but were afraid to ask
What You Should Know About the Downfall of the Actor’s Union (Financial Core) by AHull on Unwritten
Fi-core Central by actor Ben Hauck NOTE: this site offers information but is also offering consulting for a fee. At this writing, it is does not appear that the business owner has a Krekorian Bond filed with the DLSE, as required by law for anyone offering artists career consulting for a free. We do NOT endorse or this service, but list this site for research purposes only)
Hit it or Quit It: Going Fi-Core
Discussion: SAG FiCore Facebook Group
Commercial perspective: BANNED Want More Auditions? Go Fi-Core (video) by Mike Pointer of Hey, I Saw Your Commercial
National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, Inc.
National Right to Work: Special Bulletin for Actors and Actresses
Unions Unite Against Brady Bunch Actor Barry Williams When He Attempts to Declare Financial Core
MARQUEZ v. SCREEN ACTORS GUILD (1998)
From Casting Director Rik Deskin
Deadline 2022: SAG-AFTRA Collected $1B in Member Dues and Non-member Fees It Its First 10 Years by David Robb
Variety, “SAG Gets Tough on Quitters” by Dave McNarry
Variety, in regard to the 2007 WGA strike and those who go fi-core during a strike: revealed and blacklisting
Backstage articles by Lauren Horwitch:
SAG to Penalize Fi-core Actors
Deadline: Hollywood’s Unions Have Thousands of Financial Core Members by Dave Robb